The arrival of cloud storage services has changed the way people and businesses in New York and all over the world store their data and communicate.
Now not only can businesses avoid housing large, bulky filing cabinets full of physical files in their offices, they don’t even need high capacity on site server storage capabilities.
What is the Cloud?
An often over complicated concept, the cloud is simply a system of offsite servers that individuals and businesses use to store their digital files and media. The servers are managed by a hosting company and people/companies buy or rent digital space from them.
An individual may use cloud storage to store their music and photos, rather than storing that information on their phone.
A business may use the cloud to store records, files, and documents that need to be accessed by many employees.
The hosting company is responsible for maintaining the servers and ensuring that their users have constant access to their stored information.
How Has the Cloud Changed the Way We Do Business in NYC?
The cloud has had a huge impact on the way companies do business in New York and throughout the world. Some of the benefits of using the cloud to store business information are:
- Remote access: anyone in the company can log in and access information from
- Scalability: you only pay for the amount of storage you use
- Increased security: hosting companies take extreme measures to keep all data secure
- Natural disaster protection: servers are kept secure and backed up
- Easy file sharing: one document hosted offsite can be accessed by anyone granted access
- 'Reduced power/maintenance costs: you don’t have to pay for server maintenance or energy use
Get Free Quotes on Cloud Storage Services for Your New York Business
Ready to store your organization's files in the cloud? Call our NYC cloud storage experts at (917) 338-1848 or fill out the form on the right and we’ll help you find a secure and affordable solution for your digital storage needs.